Update: This event has moved to onlinePlease click here to view latest post
26th Junior Galway Film Fleadh 2020 will take place online in July
Galway Film Fleadh, in association with Galway 2020 and the Pálás cinema, are excited to be partnering with the European Film Academy (EFA) to take part in the EFA’s Young Audience Award.
Join us on Sunday 26th April at Pálás Galway, from 9am – 7pm, and be part of Europe’s biggest film jury!
The EFA Young Audience Award is a simultaneous, Europe-wide, film viewing event for young people aged between 12 – 14 years. Kinda like the Eurovision, but for films!
- On Sunday 26th April, three nominated films are to be screened in 67 different cities, in 40 different European countries
- Each participating city involves an audience of young people
- The audiences in each city act as a jury and vote for their favourite film
- All participating cities interact with each other via video conference and social media
- Film professionals and educators lead the audience in discussions about the films they’ve seen
- The highlight of the day is the ceremony in the evening, during which the audience transmit the results of the national votes
We are currently hunting for our audience members!
What’s involved in taking part?
- Participation is free for young people aged from 12 to 14
- Selected jury members will participate in a workshop on film criticism two weeks before the screening
- On April 26th, jury members will assemble in the Pálás cinema to view the 3 films from 9a.m. to 7p.m
- After the screenings, the jury will vote for their choice of winning film
- This vote will be transmitted to our Irish partners in the Irish Film Institute, Dublin, who will then transmit the results of the national vote to the European Film Academy
Of course, since you’ll be sticking around for the day, lunch is on us.
Why take part?
The screenings offers a unique opportunity to discover great Europe film that reflect the realities of young people all over Europe, that usually wouldn’t be available in your local multiplex. It’s a chance for budding filmmakers and critics to have a lash at voting on a film, learn more about the world of cinema and get involved with their local film festival.
How can I be part of the jury?
Applicants must be between 12 and 14 years of age, live in Galway city or county and be available on Sunday April 26th from 9a.m. to 7p.m.
First step – fill in the below application form. If you are accepted, our staff will send a consent form to your parents via email. Upon receipt of the consent form, you will be a part of the jury!
Jury applications close Wednesday April 10th.