We are very excited to be partnering with the European Film Academy (EFA) to take part in the EFA’s Young Audience Award. Join us on Sunday 5th May at Pálás Galway, from 9:30a.m. – 6p.m., and be part of Europe’s biggest film jury!
So what is it exactly?
The EFA Young Audience Award is a simultaneous, Europe-wide, film viewing event for young people aged between 12 – 14 years. Kinda like the Eurovision, but for films! Participation is free.
- On Sunday 5th May, three nominated films are screened in 56 different cities, in 35 different European countries
- Each participating city involves an audience of young people
- The young audiences act as a jury and vote for their favourite film
- All participating cities interact with each other via video conference and social media
- Film professionals and educators lead the audience in discussions about the films they’ve seen
- The highlight of the day is the ceremony in the evening, during which the audience transmit the results of the national votes – a bit like the Eurovision Song Contest!
We’d like YOU to be on our jury!
Why should I take part in the jury?
Being on the jury for the Young Audience Award:
- Offers a unique opportunity to discover great European films
- Presents films which reflect the realities of young people all over Europe
- Raises interest in European stories, people, cultures and societies
- Builds bridges to exchange different points of view
- Increases awareness of important social issues
- Stimulates commitment, a sense of community, understanding and tolerance
How can I be part of the jury?
You must be:
- Aged from 12 to 14
- You must be attending school in Galway City or County
- You must have an active interest in cinema
Apply to take part! Click here to fill out an application.